2.06.2009

She's Growing up


She's got her first playdate today. I mean her first official one..without Mommy. She brought home a girl's phone number from school and I caught her trying to call from K's cell on sat at 7am. I had no idea she had gotten the girl's number. :) So I left a message asking the Mom to call me back. And told AnnaGrace she couldn't just go make all her own plans.


At Stace's house, I was informed for the first time EVER that NO MOMS ALLOWED...Stacy and I spent our time looking at each other..alternately a little lost and a little thrilled. She's growing up..this fierce little girl that inspires such fierce love from all of us. Such a goose and she's all mine....I must have done something awfully good to be able to become this little one's Mommy.


And that's ok because she's not totally ready for living on her own yet....she still needs me...how sweet it is to see her wings spread and her to fly. From a scared, underweight (13 lbs at 8 mos) little baby to an almost 6 yr old. Amazing!

Thanks for letting me share. She said she's a little nervous for tonight and woke up a few times last night scared....but now she's gonna have Nana's cell phone with her!

Now tonight's playdate..wonder who'll be more worried? :)

3 comments:

Lily said...

awww, what a moving post. thank you so much for sharing

Catherine said...

WTG on a new banner! You did a really wonderful job with it!

Unknown said...

I hope her play date went well. What a sweet photo of the two of you "-)