12.01.2006

Colonial Days


Poor M - had this musical at school with a speaking part (he was thankful for popcorn) - he said mom and nana and dad were taken ;) And I couldn't go. So Kev gives K the camera....and I get a bunch of blurry ones back. LOL

Here's one of my son! Right before he was going to speak :)

Looks real thrilled right? Did I mention that on Black Friday it was a black day here at my house? Seriously! First Katie tells me she has to make a 3D model of an atom and not just any atom but a magnese one or something. With 35 protons and electrons, etc and 3 rings. After $25 if she doesn't get an A the teacher is getting an email. Who thinks of assigning these things- esp to parents over a HOLIDAY. So I braved Michael's to get the items and they had asked to put up the tree..I said yes..tree only- not a big deal..figured we do the actual other items later...Kev admits they dragged it all out and he wasn't keeping an eye on them. Now let me set the stage for how *I* do my tree..it's never a norman rockwell scene that's for sure but I spend hours schoozing it just right ya know? And I have a HUGE priceless collection of hallmark ornaments...so I come home to find all 6 of my xmas tubs OUT and in various states of disrepair and all my hallmark boxes on the FLOOR..after almost sobbing I calmly realized that Katie had ditched the project when her friend came over and some boxes weren't even empty. The boxes ANNA was STEPPING on. So I quickly finish the tree...and complain because they put the lights and everything on without fixing the branches so it doesn't look artificial...I know I'm anal...I guess after all that it didn't turn out half bad right?

I have more photos to share..hopefully tomorrow morning or later tonight!

3 comments:

pixleyyy said...

They did the tree without you? Would hurt me a bit too. (And I'm an anal freak too so I would be taking it all down and redecorating when they weren't looking! LOL)

Anonymous said...

I'd be upset too but just look at it as the tree they did on their own and insist next year YOU do it alone (or have 2 trees) lol
Personally I think it's great

Just Say Julie said...

what a great layout that tree story will make!!