1.05.2007

Scrapping again and blog challenge

It's been a while since i've scrapped and I got to do a few pages before new years and a bunch after.
I have to say it's super nice to have a dedicated scrap area that is staying clean and is in bright light! (when the sun shines that is ;)
I highly recommend doing shelves like I did for a desk..it forces me to put things away to keep anna out of it and keeps my room clean.
The layout at left was using our Tribal Council kit..which I personally disliked....I don't know why but it never spoke to me like some of our other kits...but when I pulled it out I did a record 3-4 layouts with it..not bad for a sad little kit I didn't like :) And I have to thank my wonderfully, talented DT for giving me the push and inspiration I needed. With their sketches and wonderful takes on our kits it was impossible not to fall in love with this kit. Remember that when doing your layouts....and using our kits...we offer a great many resources to you for scrapping!
So Annette has posted our first blog challenge on our message board (they are in Gotta Chat- so come on in and take part!):
Q: What do you want to accomplish for YOURSELF this year? What are you goals or dreams? What are you most looking forward to? Give us a prediction of how you see your life going in 2007
Hmm....I want to lose weight and be healthier....I want to see SA succeed. I want to get Anna comfortable in Preschool without thinking I am going to disappear! For me...I'd love to get a bit smaller so I am not snoring or have bone spurs or back issues. :) I predict you'll see a thinner, happier me at the end of the year. At least I sure hope so! I am looking forward most? To my vacation with my family this summer...and to CHA and the SA crop....Bonni is coming in for a week and I can't believe my best friend will be here and we'll be hanging out together scrapping (well maybe ONE layout in all those days) and just chilling! I also am looking forward to CHA Winter...not the plane trip cause I am a wuss like you wouldn't believe but because Mom and I are going to go shopping and do girl things for 1-2 days extra that we are there...San Diego here I come! :)
I hope that we'll all stay close my family---with losing Dad I realize how important my family- my whole family is. I think I've finally come to terms with Dad and his smoking and "issues" and know that I love him all the same.
That's my goals for this year!

4 comments:

Emma said...

Ha - so you finally came around to liking that kit eh? LOL.

Anonymous said...

yeah, I'm looking forward to CHA Winter too, and hoping that the summer crop gets on my calendar.

And I like the Tribal Council kit, but not until I used it. It is very versatile!

pixleyyy said...

I love that layout! And way to go taking the first blog challenge of the year. Now, where is the second one? Hmmmmm...

The Mom said...

I love how you layered the papers in that layout!! :)

Have a great time at CHA!! Can't wait to hear about all the great new stuff!