2.16.2006

Mea culpa

Ok so I ignored you all a bit...I have been working like a dog seriously And for the last two days have walked on the treadmill....walking 3x a week is not working for me but now I've set it up that I walk everyday..no more excuses..just get down there.

Read Amy is on a soup diet but it's hard enough ignoring the brownies and other goodies...can't fathom eating only soup right now...don't think I am not saving that diet though for the future if I don't drop the weight before my brother's wedding ;)

Of course A is as thin as a rail and I am not so I better start the soup diet now

Ok so my week so far...pedicure on Monday- love Mario Tricoci...best pedicures around. So now my feet are not offensive to myself....but it's subscription time and I am tired. Plus I am working on my weight and then worrying about a possible 4th child and my brain will NOT relax.

So we were in the Chinese buffet place today....odd waitress...fawned over Anna - deliberately misunderstood Anna's province (I know I am saying it right for cry pete) and then told me...oh she a banana....white on the inside and yellow on the outside...ok first..if I am going to compare my kids to food - why not a twinkie...and 2nd....wtf? I was seriously annoyed......and then she asks the million dollar question- oh she no speak chinese no more--- um yeah just as well as you speak english. I politely point out- she was brought to the US at 8 mos of age...not too much Chinese was being spoken yet as far as I knew but she just didn't get it.

Then again here's the rest of the day there...the bill comes and I about pass out...it was $41 for me and three kids to eat the buffet and I am not even stuffed because hello I am eating 1/2 of my normal intake....omg I was floored...turns out that 4pm there must be dinner and there were no signs posted..and well frankly the food was crap..what a disappointment...esp with this new budget we are on.

So when I left I thought to myself...so we are comparing ourselves to fruits are we? I am a prune- sucked dry from my overpriced, horrible dinner LOL

How's that for fruity?

That's it's I am in such a funky mood I am not fit for polite company (then again some of my readers..)

OH yeah..forgot the main reason for my foul mood...I get an envie the mail with a gift subscription from my outlaws..I'm thinking - cool maybe Soap Opera Digest...or whatever right? It's the freaking Portals of Prayer- their Lutheran um I guess daily devotions book. Now I am steamed.

Why you ask? These ignorant people have an incredible knack of badgering Kevin on issues and usually right after I convince him we need to find a Church..sure 'nuff...anyway I emailed the publisher and pointed out that I've been catholic my whole life much to my outlaws dismay and that since I was just going to chuck their information into the trash they might as well remove me from the mailing list even if my dh's parents are too stupid to figure it out. And they removed me.

So how to deal with it? Talking to them won't net me anything....so I have decided to fight fire with fire..first catholic charities magazine...and then some other religions too. Those (**%^%^%$%$$%$% idiots.

8 comments:

Anita said...

You've definitely had your share of idiots this week, huh? :( As crazy as my mother is thinking God lives in her house, I think I'll take that over in laws trying to convert me! ICK!

Carolyn F said...

Hugs -- try sending the outlaws information about being pagan or wiccan -- that might shut them up LOL.

Just Say Julie said...

good gravy! okay - the outlaws - what can be said...

but the freakin waitress! no tip for her i hope and i think the manager needs to know she is being a tad racist! or maybe she needs to be told she's a fruitcake!

Christi said...

Yikes!! the nerve of some people!!!! I can believe the outlaws....some people just don't get that you don't want to be "converted"...but the waitress was WAAAAY outta line!!! So sorry you had such a horrible time!!!:.(

Bonni said...

How crazy...don't know what to tell you about the outlaws other than, well like I said, crazy!

Bonni said...

Oops forgot to say, I agree with Carolyn...tell them you're a wiccan or something ;)

pixleyyy said...

Ummm ... a possible 4th child. Did I miss something?!?

Carolyn F said...

OK lady, this is a stickup. Post and no one gets hurt, mmmmkay?