2.23.2006

Held Hostage?


It's true Carolyn posted a comment that she's holding my blog hostage and if I post no ONE will get hurt! So here ya go ;) I listen when ordered around. I know I haven't updated in a big..I've been in a MOOD...man oh man. I have a moody - overemotional 10 yr old...who is obnoxious to be around and now the almost 3 yr old has been a beast..chicken pox for her and then the 7 yr old has been ok actually.

Don't read if you don't have time..fair warning it's gonna be long LOL So this past weekend I went to Mikey's Blue and Gold dinner...I wish I had brought more reading material..seriously - it's that long. But the food was good and Mikey was *so* proud to make both his bobcat and his wolf at the same meeting. He did NOT want to go up there though. I had to push him up there to get it. Then the rest of my weekend was subscription. Ah my least fave thing to do next to packing kits

But it's all done. YAY...then my week was spent at doctor's. People wonder why we help Riss with her healthcare...she's nuts...she fell over a toolbox at my mom's a week or so ago and never told anyone. She's limping around like an invalid and mom finally asked what was wrong. Her leg was freaking 3x the normal size and all shades of black and blue, etc..so off to the doc and hospital then on Monday from 2:30-9pm. Yep 9pm...

While there I can say without a doubt I had a Grey's Anatomy moment and while I'd love to be able to say it was an Alex- closet-sex moment it was more of the -code Yellow moment and what the hell is yellow? Is that like Black? The staff wasn't amused but I sure had a chuckle over it.

Hospitals are so much LESS glamorous than that show..seriously!

So on Tues I had to go to Riss's doc appt for her mass. It is a mass and is presenting like cancer :( The doc wants her in for surgery- she'll be in the hospital for 5 days and then we'll see when he's in there if he takes the kidney or just the mass. It's on the outside of the kidney so that's good. Not sure til the surgery on the 23rd of March if it's cancerous or not. Please keep her in your prayers.

Then on to the doctor for mom- this was a funny one- she'd probably kill me but do you know the amt of material at a behind doc? I mean seriously! I could NOT stop giggling. Did you know you can just drop trou and kneel on a table that moves up and down and angles for his viewing pleasure? OH MAN I am so eating her high fiber diet with her...no visits for me. He told her that in bolivia they are considered married now.

He came in saying mom looked familiar and I felt like saying...do you say that to all the butts you see? All holes look alike? See what I mean? I couldn't stop giggling. So at one pt I tell him that the poop is knee deep in here w/his compliments ;)

Poor mom...but if I had to suffer in there like that. Oh and a funny about the waiting room- it's jam packed...but they have 3 normal chairs and then this space age type thing.it's like a seat sling ok? And they are all attached together onto metal. I really should grab a photo of them. I took one look and grabbed one of the two chairs that were normal but this guy comes in and takes mom's chair. Being the good daughter that I am i go sit in the damn thing and would you know I almost fell...not very comfy and the guy behind me kept bouncing like mad. One new guy comes in not realizing the new age nature of this beast and falls into his chair and almost snaps my neck. Mom was laughing so hard.

So anyone like chicken? If I get enough requests I will go type by beloved Chicken/Broccoli casserole here..it's SO dang good...I mean you shred munster and then use a cream sauce and omg it's good :)

What else? I will tell you that 10 yr olds and mouths are overrated! What is it with them? It's all the end of the world and it's all a drama. I am so sick of arguing with her. Projects due at the last minute she forgot about because you know MO-OM I can remember and rarely write it in my assignment book...she forgot the papers today too. Am I bringing them to her? I doubt it. We'll see if she remembers she forgot it. :(

At any rate she better settle down soon or I am raffling her off..no returns on that one ok?

And finally my final thought- If you are bold enough to ask me how much my adoption costs and to say you are going to "get one of those" do not even presume to think I am going to want your jerkoff of a dh to COLD call me to sell crap for you. Um hello???

Yep so I get a call yesterday on my biz line....it's some guy and did I remember his wife from "happy nails" in dec..we talked about adoption. Takes me a minute or two but I did finally place the obnoxious woman. And it wasn't at happy nails idiot...it was a different name..but anyway I digress....this gal did say to me she wanted to get one of those..and meant my daughter. Unfortunately my mom came in after and when I was explaining to this gal I didn't have a card (yeah right) mom whips one out. It's all her fault ok?

So this guy goes on to snip at me - do you remember. I'm like yeah but we have lots of ppl who ask us about adopting- duh. So ok he asks if I am interesting in options and do I have 8-10 hours a week to devote to his streamline marketing..where they cut out the middle man by adding me the middle man to sell things to consumers from like best buy. I was dumbfounded and he heard silence so now he's like- HELLO are you there. I'm like YES i am listening. He says so let's get together for coffee and interview each other..I'm like HELL No. So I say I don't have an hour for myself let alone 8 a week and I am sorry. He's like incredulous and says we are talking 6 figures here. I'm like no thank you and do you know that SOB hung up on me without even a goodbye.

I'm like...oh no you don't and go look at my caller id and no freaking number registered so therefore I couldn't call his behind back and ream him out. How freaking dare you?

It's an imposition enough to call me and ask me about china adoption- but to think that gives you license to then cold call me and get nasty when I am not interested is just plain absurd. Hope I see that broad again in happy nails...I'll use my happy nails on her face. And if they allow her to adopt I'll vomit.

MAN
that's it...how do you like that???

LOL
so ladies are you sorry now that Carolyn hijacked me? See why I was ignoring my blog? I'll end with ONE layout I like and that's it...since the other two are poop!

5 comments:

Carolyn F said...

Well worth holding you hostage -- you have to get all that off your chest! Yay to Mikey on the Bobcat & Wolf badges -- it's ALOT of work, I found out the hard way this year. I need to write a blog entry about a guy at work who is about to adopt from China -- it'll make you feel better.

Big hugs!!!

Anita said...

I can totally hear your voice as I read this. It's almost like one of those audio books. Too funny. And yeah, she deserves some happy nails up her...uh, face.
So what you really need is for my husband to get a teaching position in Illinois so I can quit my godawful government job and hire myself out to you as an assistant. And all I'd get paid in is kits and a cup o' French Vanilla Coffee every morning. Damn, that is a great fantasty. Better than sex ones, which I had to give up years ago. Now I gotta go have a cup of coffee just thinking about it. If this dog would get off my feet. *sigh* It's hell being this loved.

Just Say Julie said...

I wish you lived closer - I'd take you out for a drink!!

I'll bet you made the doc's day with your comments! I'll bet he doesn't get to have that much fun looking at booties all day! One time I had to see one of "those" docs and he was HOT! I was mortified that such a hottie was lookin' at my big white butt! So moritified that I couldn't make any jokes....just lame little giggles!~

Christi said...

Ick...what a jerk that guy was to treat you that way!!! Sorry you had to deal with him!

But I have to say...I was truly laughing out loud at the butt doctor stuff...too funny!!

congrats to Mikey, and as for the pre-teen drama...I hear it only gets worse!
Hope you have a better day soon!

Bonni said...

LMAO...too funny, I would have loved to have been a little fly on the wall in the doctor's office!