8.18.2008

Boys and Parties


Wow....boys are much different...while more laid back in their needs..they also are like wild indians running around my yard. M's party was a hit I suppose...he did mention to ALL the kids that only some were invited to sleepover...heck the three that did tried my patience with SLEEPING :) It appears as I get older I get less tolerant of sleepovers...esp when *I* am not the one staying awake all night having fun!

We had pizza (not enough this time) and puking on our pool deck (ick) and kids running around and having fun and it was all outdoors and they were able to do it on their own for the most part. One kid kept thinking it was hilarious to splash me and my camera when I was out there...I was most UNamused. :)

Now my house has 1 little girl Anna's age and her brother....Mikey's age or a little younger....and 1 other boy (the 2nd boy went home already- YAY)..my gram and Kev and Riss and me...kind of full this am. The girls are already in their swim suits and have been since about 7am....and K is ignoring their repeated requests to swim and NOW :) I spent the night on the couch with kicky- aka Anna...because she was crying out in her sleep...causing Kev to miss his alarm this am....that's been ramping up the closer school comes (this thurs).....

Anna told me in the dells..momma...everything I see during the day I see in my dreams and it scares me. LOL I knew this. We went to Top Secret there and frankly I was UNimpressed...the guide told me it wasn't scary (like heck) so Anna and I went in and because she was shy and scared he decided it'd be funny to scare the pants off her...unamused was my attitude and he was shocked when I said..where is the nearest exit b/c we aren't going to sit here anymore and do this....it was behind me and then I had to go all the way around the outside of this place to the parking lot..Anna thanking me the whole time for putting her blankie over her head. Poor kid.

Idiot Top Secret place...the older kids liked it...so I was glad for that!!!

And this same scared little girl kept trying to ride Zeus roller coaster..but she was about 2 feet too short :) We are pretty strict with her and rides...even if she's just a bit over if an adult isn't on with her - she's not going on...we discovered on one ride that she would have slipped right out since she's so slight.....but she WANTS to ride them..man alive..the kid was GO KART maniac...every two seconds begging someone to take her on them ROFL. Mikey still gets green on most rides..he's the most like me..poor kid....wants to ride so bad but then gets sick.

Ok gotta go...drive Gram home and get off my lazy behind...might even scrap today! :) Doing dinner with friends tonight. YAY..and then school stuff starts...amazing how fast summer went by! Amazing how happy I am without a store hanging over my head. Who knew?!

2 comments:

Lily said...

ugh, I am starting to hate birthday parties. Why oh why don't they ever go to sleep??? Sounds like the kids had a great time though. So it was all worth it????

Bothof my kids went through the nightmare thing. tyler still screams in his sleep sometimes. So not fun.

Pam Sivage said...

Sounds like a fun BD party! K is just beautiful love her haircut! She looks so much more mature and "teenagerish"