3.28.2006

mellow? yellow?

ok it's NOT mellow---think mustard but you know how when you get a wild hair? Well I got one and had to get the kitchen painted. Obscene with all the other stuff going on in my life....for those following- riss came through the surgery with flying colors...she was released on Monday and is now resting at home..those that sent cards- thanks so much she's so thrilled with each new one that arrives :)

No new photos of the kitchen..although it's relatively clean. I hired a cleaning lady last week and she starts tomorrow. I think I am totally in love with her. :) She's been working in this area (and lives near here) for over 10 years....and I got along with her great when she came out for a quote. Praise be...finally someone to help me out. You know how you get so sick of your OWN voice always nagging everyone to clean up while you do it all yourself? I figured it was time to get help!!!!

So that wild hair. I don't know what to start with...but I decided that the fireplace wall should be painted..at *least* that wall..figured it was easy...and that kitchen was daunting to me. So I picked red....and then taupe for the entry and dining room and um I forget the color now for the kitchen....some other color..thought about doing the kitchen red too and Kev freaked..man he wanted white..that was it. No creative vision in this man's head So ok I go and get paint and while I went to get it I saw a picture of wedgewood blue and some other color so I commit to the blue in the kitchen now- following me yet? LOL So I buy a quart of the blue and decide- I hated it. I know it's stupid right? I painted a wide swatch on the kitchen wall and part of the fireplace wall. I could never see it that color..so odd.

So Kev said let's go check out our Menards (I had gotten the stuff from Home Depot)...get to the place and decide on yellow LOL the rest is history. Now what colors look good with a bright mustard yellow? I got a different like caribbean blue for the fireplace wall and might do the whole family room that color to make it be more toned down :)

Anyway that is my whole day yesterday in a nutshell...whee

Tomorrow the house will be sparkling..I'll pack orders probably and scrap please? LOL I have to make all the to-go boxes for Anna's bday party on Sun and then get the treats in them. Plus I have to get the cake made (a flower cake) and hang the streamers, get balloons and hang the chinese lanterns :) oh yeah and make the sauce - we are having pot stickers and homemade pasta sauce, veggie tray and other goodies..might need to make more food..oh yeah a salad :)

2 comments:

The Mom said...

I am glad to hear Riss came through the surgery with flying colors!

Have fun painting!! Can't wait to see pictures!

Christi said...

UGH..I hate painting!!! and it's not fair...I want a cleaning lady too. *pouting*
Can't wait to see pics of the paint!!you have me intrigued!

And I am so glad to hear that Riss is doing well!!