3.19.2006

Spring Flop and I'm too sexy...



oops I mean festival....Mom will tell you- what a joke...it was um over $50 we'll never see again. LOL

I think I expected this show in a theater..unfortunately it was more like a dance recital of kids in chinese dance in a gym at the college..it was OVERsold and crowded and disorganized.

They had some games for the kids but we literally sat from 12noon until it started at 3pm and I didn't even last the whole time...and we were squished in like sardines.

Longest day of my life. And I am still not feeling 100% so I was wiped out after.

So I am back..and NO I didn't go password only but thought for a while that maybe I had locked myself out. :)

I tried this am to get a decent shot of the kids...give me a break...25 shots later...omg they were beasts....all in their nice clothes and acting like morons LOL

So what's been going on since I've been locked out? I did subscription and it took me about 3days with all the stopping from being exhausted ;)

I had quite the day last week and I was all set to write about it..but it seems so stupid now anyway -I did book my ticket to Nashville...a group of us who met when we were all adopting are getting together for a GIRLS ONLY weekend. It's amazing but I am flying alone and spending time away from the barnacle baby.

I realized after this past week that we are probably done having kids..lots of little things and a nice compliment from my brother Tom convinced me.....now if he'd just get himself married and him and Nic can have all the babies..I'm ready to spoil some nieces and nephews :) And with Dave getting married this summer- sigh...soon right? Someone will make me an aunt again.

Anna has her flower girl dress ordered..it's cute....with this tulle with flower petals in it..and when I asked if she was going to be in Uncle dave and aunt vicky's wedding she said- where's my princess dress...alas she hated it on and told me it scratched her....I can't wait to see what hysterical thing she does on the wedding day. She threw a 15 min tantrum when she realized that on Sat it wasn't uncle dave's wedding. :)

And yes I got my dress for Dave's wedding..it was getting more and more obvious that I had NOTHING fancy enough....it's a pretty formal wedding I think...at this nice hotel in downtown Chicago and well my um wardrobe runs to stains and sweats - so we went to Von Maur- that store ROCKS (think free alterations) and found a black silk beaded number. Fancy schmancy. :)

So I wrote that friday I went to the doctor? Or maybe I didn't..but i was so sick on friday that I sucked it up and went. Yep..3 weeks sick and finally went to my new doctor who is a doll...I love that man...of course he gave me antibiotics...so maybe that is where my love stems from? I have bronchitis and a nasty sinus infection- yeah yeah yeah the same crap Bonni had about a week or so ago..I was jealous what can I say? It's funny cause I gave her *such* crap when she was sick and didn't go in and then I wait 3 weeks..and have the same dang thing. LOL

I took Gram to the store this weekend and then to lunch..she's such a dollface..I wish you all could meet her..too funny and sweet...I showed her the layout with her in the big book from Joanns and she kept saying...would you look at that...doesn't that beat all...LOL I'm so glad they chose a layout with Gram....she's my doll :)

Ok So what do you get when you have three hams and no smiles? Dad...who sings behind me I'm too sexy for my body..which gets them giggling and we end up with this:

7 comments:

Bonni said...

You're ALIVE :) Sorry it was a bust today...the kids look adorable...your dress sounds beautiful for Dave's wedding and yes she was jealous, she wanted to be just like me and get sick ;)

Anita said...

Oh, I want to see that dance that caused the giggles. I bet that was too funny! Glad you are finally up and running again.

The Mom said...

Your kids are so cute!

Sorry the festival was a flop.

Just Say Julie said...

those pics are great! can't wait to see the new dress!!

Christi said...

So sorry you are under the weather!!!! Hope you feel better soon!
I have to say...my kids are the same way when I want to take pics, except M'Kayla...she thinks she's a super model..anyway, I feel your pain! Kudos to dad and the "I'm too sexy" dance...awesome shot!!!

pixleyyy said...

Love that I'm too sexy pic. Adorable!!!

Emma said...

Aww, love the pic of the kids laughing. I'm sure we all have reams of our kids not smiling for photos.

Glad you went to the doctor and the medicine is making you better!