6.06.2006

Sneak Peek, Arizona, In Laws


Where to start...a lot of you know that my MIL fell over Memorial Day weekend (also Katie's bday)....and broke her hip. We rushed up north (3 hours one way) to be there for her emergency hip surgery and and were there and back...me personally going up on Sun, back on sun alone, back on Mon with kids and Mom in tow and then back again that night and back up again 1 day later with Kev for the week...I'm exhausted still thinking about it.

We were able to get meals made and frozen (when I say we I mean ME) for him for when she's home (he's eating at the nursing home with her now)..and she was able to get a partial hip replacement...it was harrowing because the meds made her SO groggy so they were worried about another stroke. They did say she had suffered a heart attack a few months back too.

She's in a nursing home/rehab place now until she can walk and get around. We are very appreciative of those who have been keeping us in their thoughts and prayers. It's meant the world to us.

We leave in a week or slightly less now for AZ...it's gonna be great to relax and see D again...she's one of my nashville sisters. Her daughter was also adopted and is a cutie pie..it'll be nice to get the girls together. :) Expect lots of photos - you know me! Oh speaking of photos..Miss Jess is flying in for CHA along with half my DT and I've already roped her into taking family pics of my kids and me and Kev...so fingers crossed we have some good shots..I'd love to get one to frame on my wall....Please from my mouth to God's ears..esp with these four jokesters!

Let's try the sneak peek again..I'm about to give up girls! Yay it worked...and this kit is my fave for now...I love Ginger's stuff :) And this kit is coming up in a month..YUM

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad to hear the surgery went well and also that your MIL is doing better. Keep us posted! Enjoy your vacation, sounds like it is totally needed! LOVE the layout, and OMG, love that paper! I had those thingies to make the patterns on that paper when I was a kid! Ah the memories!!!

Laura said...

I can already tell you that kit is definitely going to be a favorite of mine! Thanks for the sneak peek!