9.21.2006

Be Original


That's all I'm saying...a recent layout I did that totally rocks..I can say that since it took me HOURS to cut all of it..thanks JESS :) So that's fussy cutting! And believe me I got pretty dang fussy with it. Where I have been? Well it's been an eventful month so I will try and summarize :)

Around 8/20 my dad entered the VA hospital system in a different state....what a horrid experience...he's doing much better and the great news is that today they are transporting him BACK to the VA hospital near his house in Marion, IL. I've had nothing but calls to make the whole time he was there....his belongings got stolen (cell phone, clothes, checkbook, wallet, etc) and I've been arguing with them up to today to try and get it resolved. They think I am going away..no one bothered to tell them tenacious is my middle name! :) So then Kev went to Vegas..and what happens in Vegas so does NOT stay in Vegas...cause if it did he'd not have brought back his stomach flu last week..this 1 week after the last flu he gave me (notice a trend? I do! ;) Anyway he came home on a friday after a week away and I honestly thought we'd have a romantic evening. Let me preface this by saying..three kids...so getting them all in bed was trying to get my planets aligned correctly and Pluto not being a planet anymore....it took some doing.

So set scene: Kids in bed..me getting a nice apple dessert together (folks mind out of the gutter..it was apple crisp..not a code word ) ....and then I get "the" call....he's sick and oh btw..he's spewed all over his car...um ok..he said he did not want me touching it..to just leave stuff out on the porch. Which I did and had a little pity party for the fact that I'd not be getting anything but vomit...maybe even shedding a few tears ;) And then I pulled myself up by my bootstraps (not those kinds of boots..geez Bonni..knock it off...figuratively speaking) and put a jacket on over my sexy lingerie (yes this time it's the real mcCoy) and cleaned his car. Ugh. And double ugh. In vents, down steering column. Anyway. About 1 1/2 days later..guess who gets it. That's the thanks I get. I begged him next trip to please leave all souvenirs there ;)

I managed to steal Anita's mojo (scrapping) that is and now I've done a few good layouts..i'll upload them here and there

More from me in a bit!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seriously, I just saw a billboard that said, "If what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, why do I have Chlamidea?" See, it could be worse... :)