1.13.2010

A new venture

It seems it's time....I get asked more often than not for recipes. And now that I am eating healthy and doing menus I thought that maybe, just maybe I can be of help to others. :) I was asking for names for this new blog and my favorite one was Fee'd Me from Kevin but of course it wouldn't work and was taken.

Notice the photo?  It's a bit like my life..it's cookies that I want..but won't eat...my xmas cookies to be honest.  I make them for the kids every year!  And notice the artwork haphazardly behind it?  And the camera bag?  So totally my life.  I'm a closet photographer trying to be a semi-pro...I love taking pictures.  So you'd think I'd have more of step by step stuff in my recipes..we may get there yet. 

In the last two years I lost 40 lbs, gained back only 10 of those and then this year decided it was time to get exercising.  I try and limit my calories to 1500-1800 a day and do pretty good with that.  But the most important thing is 6 small meals and exercise.  I did not have any surgery to lose that weight and only did it with good old fashioned healthy eating and hard work.  I have to stress I am NOT on a diet.  I will never diet.  That implies a yo-yo and I don't intend to beat myself up over my food choices.  I am doing a healthy lifestyle and that truly was an eye opener for me as an adult.  I don't have to diet.  I do however have to give my body good, healthy food and to do that I don't have to eat unhealthy things.

I'm a bit of a rebel.  I never use fat free anything.  I use low fat and I use it in moderation.  You may not agree with me..and that's fine.  I ask that you try my recipes and stick around.  I do not claim to be an expert...this is my journey.  And during this journey I will share my family recipes with you. 

So welcome to my little 'ol blog. I will be back to fix it up purdy and such. Thanks for reading!


Fee

2 comments:

Lynda said...

I am so glad you are doing this!!!

Z

redthread said...

Looking forward to trying out some of your recipes Fee! Colleen