1.20.2010

Goush Goush


This is the easiest recipe on the planet.  I learned of this when living with a friend as a college student.  It's hearty and filling and was good for poor college students to live off of.  I hate vegetables but I ate this with relish.  I'm no longer in touch with the friend but the recipe sure stuck. In ALL of my recipes when I mention pasta I use only wheat or whole grain pasta.  The trick to using this is to not tell the kids.  The taste truly is not that different.  The other trick is to boil it longer than you would for regular al dente pasta!










Goush Goush
3 cans vegetarian vegetable soup
2 cans tomato soup
1 can diced, new potatoes
1 can lima beans
1/2 can corn (or 1 can succotash and you can eliminate corn/lima beans)
1/2 box wheat or whole grain elbow noodles
1 lb ground beef (or turkey)
Take a large pot and put in the ground beef.  Brown it and then drain (I even rinse sometimes) to get rid of the grease.  I tend to use 80/20 ground chuck or beef.  Put the beef back in the pot and heat through.  At the time time, boil the noodles and drain.  Throw in all the cans of items and then put in the noodles.  Heat through and serve with a nice hearty bread. 



Be sure and tell me how you like this!

No comments: