1.19.2010

Cathy's Mashed Potatoes

I got this from my cousin..she is a wizard in the kitchen....I beg her constantly to do a magazine.  Since she won't I'll share the recipe here with all of you!  Maybe I can sneak a picture of her next time too  :)

Cathy's Mashed Potatoes

5 lbs of yukon gold potoates, peeled and cut
8 oz of low fat cream cheese
8 oz of low fat sour cream.

Boil the potatoes til tender.  Then mix in the cream cheese and sour cream...as much needed to taste and then mash.  I do about 15 lbs at a time.  This mixture keeps for 4-6 weeks in the fridge.  I just put some in a dish and heat in the oven or microwave as our menu calls for it. 

I love them because there is no butter in them and they are delicious. 

I will be posting a month view of my menu.  And then will start posting the recipes on Feb 1st.  Still trying to figure out how to do a calendar for it  :)

No comments: