1.11.2006

Just me

Yep it's all about me baby...or at least it seems that way as I get older. I've done and done for others so much in my life that as I get older I seem to be more stingy with my time and not bashful about taking ME time. It's something we've all gotta do folks!

Case in point...a neighbor came over last week and asked me to watch her son. Keep in mind that this same neighbor when they moved in had me watch him one day and then asked me to watch him after school one day..when I said sure it turned into a M-Thurs gig. I said I didn't know and then w/the holidays it never came up. I thought it was an imposition to do it from 4pm - 6pm ok...so this past week I was told how she has this huge dilemma...her SIL is moving out of state and she needs someone for her son asap. Turns out this would be til 10pm at night..from 4-10 EVERY night. Um no. So I said straight up there isn't an amt you could pay me (which btw she said her dh said to ask if I'd charge..um HELLO)...and I was SO proud of myself because in the past I'd be cursing and moaning that I got roped in.

Anyway it's ME time - I only get one life and intend to live it the way that *I* want. And I am so over having to be friendly to all the neighbors....just put me on a float in my POOL with a drink and my kids splashing and that's a pretty damn good day. Add Kevin in early from work fanning me with a banana leaf and feeding me bon bons and it'd be perfect ;)

Have a good one and take time for YOU...don't feel bad....we all need a little time for ourselves!!!!!

5 comments:

Anita said...

Good for YOU for standing up for yourselves. Why is it always about childcare, too? I want to know this.

Anita said...

Uh....I meant yourself. Not selves. See? I'm still all teary eyed over your earlier blog.

Carolyn F said...

Good for you for saying no...

Just Say Julie said...

That's the way! I need some lessons okay?!?

pixleyyy said...

Good for you Felicia. I'll have to work on that for me. Someohow I get roped into doing things. DH says I'm just "too nice."