1.14.2006

Just a Quickie from me

Before I head to bed :) We have had a BEAUTIFUL weekend so far. Got my kits mainly packed on Fri...we are packing March now. :) Got the orders packed and mostly ready to ship. My wonderful, adorable dh made omlettes...yum a specialty of his..wowee was it good. One bad thing..he has this insane habit of asking me for things every two seconds so I spend most of my time saying it's here or there or did you want me to do it instead. LOL

After we ate Kev said he wanted to do something fun so we decided the ZOO :) We have a membership there and going twice with a family of 5 pays for it. It was one of the first sunny days we've had. So it was brisk (30- still a major high in our midwestern state) and some of us were NOT dressed warm enough (think 10 yr old :) But it was FUN! We saw monkeys and alligators and walked through a few buildings. Then we decided we were hungry and hit Omega..YUM YUM YUM.

The kids behaved like angels..we had saganaki- love that flaming cheese and had fun hanging with Mom and Riss..just a picture perfect day. Kev drove me to GapKids in downtown Naperville without BEEPING the horn every two seconds and voila..perfection and bliss :)

I was trying to figure my camera out..I wanted to try setting the f-stop thingy differently..forget it. I did manage to find raw mode but it made the photo blurry. And I did figure out ISO sort of in a roundabout accidental way. SIGH I have GOT to learn better photography with this camera. I just know I am missing the boat so to speak. So I took tons of shots and will upload some this weekend.

We have a bday party for a close friend tomorrow and will meet their new daughter for the first time. They just got back from China in December! And then on Monday I *think* that we'll do the Children's museum unless I can convince mom to just scrap here. WHEE

just a nice fun weekend....ah bliss!

3 comments:

Emma said...

Aww, glad you had a great day. Sounds great. And Sun, what I wouldn't give for some sun right now :)

Jill said...

Try my new catch phrase -

LOOK WITH YOUR EYES - NOT YOUR MOUTH! LOL! Works every time. Well at least it gives me a second or two more of peace! LOL!

Glad you got to go to the zoo!

Just Say Julie said...

sounds like a wonderful weekend!