12.07.2005

2 years ago today


A little bundled baby was handed to me in a crowded room...this little baby was the same one who haunted my dreams for weeks before we traveled halfway around the world (17 hours) to get her in Fuzhou, China. We were at the hotel and we heard the babies come in. All the Nannies carrying them and then the babies crying. I picked her out right away from her referral photos. In a purple sleeper (that we still have) and smelling strongly of fish with her cheeks bright red.

She let up a wail and didn't stop until much, much later! I remember we had to decide who should go do paperwork (really dumb actually) as she was just given to us and I left her with Kev and she screamed the whole time. I had to go because I knew the information and it took forever and all we wanted to do was go back to our kids! When I got back to her - Kev and Gahn went to the local market for formula and AnnaGrace and I got aquainted. She was unable to sit up at all and her range of delays really worried me. So I worked with her on making great noises with the toys we had. I had to show her how to hold her toy and then told her it was ok to bang them onto the desk...she did this with the same concentration she does most mischievious things to this day! She fell asleep in her stroller in her purple sleeper holding a blanky we gave her to her nose and sucking BOTH thumbs. I spent hours watching her sleep.

It took a good 2-3 days for that personality to break through....she ate like a champ at the breakfast buffet but she wouldn't take her formula until Onalyce helped us make a bottle- poor thing was starving and if that bottle wasn't perfect we could just dump it out.

After that we couldn't keep her quiet or calm. She'd be happy and babbling over the guide, etc...little did we know how full of life she'd continue to be.

It seems like a flash that went by and I can't believe how much older she is now. She's still my little peanut and we adore her!

Happy 2nd Gotcha Day sweetie!!! We're glad you allowed us to be your parents!


4 comments:

The Mom said...

That is the best story! And she is such a cutie!

Carolyn F said...

What a wonderful story -- that's on a scrapbook page for her, right???

Bonni said...

awwe, look at her...she's so adorable and even cuter IRL...She may work your nerves but she is worth it...

pixleyyy said...

F-
Made me cry hearing her story. My best friend was adopted from Korea and I always invisioned adopting myself. Maybe one day I'll have a story like yours.
Happy Gotcha Day!!!