12.29.2005

You Know It's Bad...

When your best friend goes from a Blog drought to an over-abundance of entries and you *still* haven't updated your blog from Christmas! :)

So this is my update- MERRY CHRISTMAS and Happy NEW YEAR!

Christmas was interesting. My inlaws were their usual sullen selves....I wonder each year why we even *bother* to invite them. Of course getting into an argument with my FIL before xmas probably didn't help matters. But I was *steamed* from their last visit where my MIL helpfully told me that I should divorce Kev and that she knew I was going to. Ah yes..that's not the best part- IN FRONT OF MY CHILDREN. Add to that when she said that she prays everyday that she'd just DIE and again- IN FRONT OF THE kids..and I was livid. Kev hadn't said anything to them or called her on it (we'll ignore her cornering him in the living room to complain of my mothering abilities) and I lost it. Especially when FIL said that MIL was praying for advice on her eyesight and whether or not to have surgery on her cataracts..um which is it? Give me Eyesight or give me death. Even poor God is confused.

Needless to say she did NOT apologize. FIL said I was making it up. Yes in my spare time I dream up these obnoxious things she says. ;) Then when she did call it was to claim she didn't "recall" saying it but if she did it was wrong (notice no I'm sorry) and then proceeded to tell Kev that we offend her because we take the lord's name in vain and it says in the bible..yadda yadda yadda (think we've heard all this crap before?) So my brother - who is clueless God love him....is here watching the Bears/Packers game (think kev/FIL packer fans...tom NOT)...and he is Jesus H Christ-ing everything and I about fell over. That's xmas in my house and miracuously I stayed SOBER!

Do they LOOK happy to you???!

Seriously..the kids totally enjoyed their holiday. One minor issue when I realized that Mikey had only THREE gifts wrapped and Katie had a MOUNTAIN with Anna. Well it turns out I didn't wrap mine so I didn't do the spotcheck I always do to make sure they are fairly even. To be fair his games were like $50 each..so ouch!




Isn't she the BEST gift a person could ask for? Makes up for the sourpusses doesn't it??? So my December can be summed up as follows: Awesome bday..Kev spoils me....awesome anniversary (in Nov), and awesome Xmas. I got far more than I thought. Kev got me a Dept 56 house (the m&m one) which I collect and also those pots/pans and an Ipod. Totally spoiled. :) Anna's Santa gift was her Diego Rescue playset thingy..the kids got games for the Xbox 360- which we don't have yet. Nana gave them all a gamecube...and they have like 7 new games for it. Jewelry for Katie and Anna's big selling gift...the Baby I'm Yours from Uncle Tommy and Aunt Nicole. Fun, fun, fun. We made three batches of xmas cookies..here's Anna during one- I don't know if you can see the flour on her little nose..she was eating the spritz cookie dough as fast as I was pressing it out! LOL
I am sad that the holidays are over but at the same time happy. Our New Year's is a quiet one...Mom and Riss will be here to play cards and board games all night and we eat steak and then eat tons of appetizers. YUM. I usually fall asleep before Midnight. We'll see if I last this year or not.

So New Year's Resolutions? Well I am avoiding the biggest one as I sit on my behind- WORKING out..Kev got us a membership to the local gym and he's gone 1 time. Yep Once...which now makes him an exercising guru or something and decided I needed to go. I'm dressed and *finally* done with subscription (9 hours of packing kits and then boxes on Tues) - invoicing all day yesterday and today. YAWN and I go to leave and he's in a poker tournament. Maybe my behind is destined to be large??? I am hoping Mom will watch the monkeys while we go out to eat and movie. Wouldn't that be nice? How come when they are at Nana's the only thing I want to do is be left alone in peace and quiet in my OWN house. LOL

So I promise the following for 2006:
1. Yell less or more quieter - nah yell less
2. Eat less or exercise more- yeah both!
3. work on my own FREE time
4. Build up subscription numbers (felt like work should be in there ;)
5. Get out to see Bonni's new place!
6. Swim and swim some more (and bonni honey- you ARE wearing a swimsuit into the pool this summer!)
7. Enjoy my family and the little things (maybe inlaws not included ok?)
8. Scrap more
9. Clean more.
10. BE more.

Just two more photos to leave you with. I can't believe how big my BABIES are getting. Katie a stylish fashion maven..and Mikey- that impish look you could just EAT up. I love all my children dearly and they are the light of my life! Sometimes life is going *so* quickly I just want to yell out STOP..or at least slow to a crawl please!

Be safe and happy this holiday season- whatever you all celebrate. (and yes my trees are still up) probably will be til Feb ;)

I have to say that without the support of my family and friends and loyal customers I don't know where I'd be- life and work-wise. So thanks and I love you all!!!!

4 comments:

Bonni said...

Wow girl what an update...yeah they do look like some major sourpusses, huh? Yeah I might go swimming this summer because I'm going to LOSE weight this year **insert eyeroll**
The kids look like they had an awesome Christmas and look at little AG...

Carolyn F said...

Wonderful update...

Just Say Julie said...

Fee your kiddos are beyond adorable! And your inlaws - um - hmm - not even sure what to say about that!!

Anita said...

Thank god I only have one in law. She's enough. I don't know how you survived. It's that kind of drama that prevents me from having big get-togethers. Glad you survived the holidays. :)