12.04.2005

Weekend Update :)

Not as funny though...so I left off on Thurs..my fake bday..no presents or cake were had :) We went to Naper Settlement on friday with M's class. It was colder than a witches **t out there (why do people say that anyway?) and I realized for sure why no other parents came forward to chaperone. Think 30 kids and 1 teacher and ME. And all of us in an 1800s settlement. 2nd graders could care LESS about old times....and we got out of there and only broke ONE piece in the Mitchell Mansion on the fireplace. Yay! LOL I loved this place and will for SURE go back in the summer - I've always been intrigued by old times. I've often felt I should have lived in the olden days. Anyway it was so neat to see actual homes, etc and if you stood just so you could almost see the kids running down the halls past the maids, etc.

Of course if *I* lived in those times I'd be in the one room log cabin w/ a mud floor. ;) It kind of humbles one to think of the hardships that our ancestors survived to make a better life for us. And how much harder it was back then..when your days consisted of living and working and sleeping only....not as much free time at all.

After we left there I was so worn out I literally slept on the bus..thank goodness I had eyebrows and nothng thrown into my head when I awoke. :) I could not get WARM that day though....it was nuts. I came home and packed orders again...quitting halfway through a 9 pg- $300 order...my eyes were crossing. So I took the two older ones for haircuts and then got A from Rissi's house and we went to Pepe's with Daddy. What a sweetheart- Kev drove us there because I was falling asleep on my feet. It took 4 hours to get A to sleep that night because she took a 2 1/2 hour nap near 5pm. Argh.

Sat I woke at 5am again....it makes me more tired but it is the ONLY time I get time to myself without a 2 year old wanting my every attention. So I get up and sneak downstairs where I work on orders and some xmas shopping online :) Got myself together to get out to Kohl's (I love that store) and get my nails done and eyebrows waxed.

Speaking of waxing...(no not brazilian - work with me people :) But did you know my first time getting waxed omg....no one told me that it would be so painful to get my eyebrows waxed and here I am thinking it means no more tweezing right? When she starts tweezing at the end. ROFL Not so much fun ya know????

Ok so get that all done and had a field day at Costco...cheap, awesome cakes...not so much fun during holiday season. It was a madhouse in there. I get all my pics done there..love uploading there- ordering and getting instant gratification. Had to get my mom's housewarming cake...and my photos. The photos were a joke..because the damn ppl forgot to give my dh the photos the day before. So I got HALF my order. So I stand in line- with my cart because they were a little thin right? And some old geezer comes BARRELING through the dang place yelling move outta my way I've got things to do and slams me and the cart. I start to double take and think what the heck..and he's like snidely saying EXCUSE me...he goes and grabs a pack of photos from the paid area and proceeds to signal over the 3rd guy in the photo area .....so no one is waiting on anyone. I was steamed beyond belief and said some nasty stuff about him on the way to the car because my card wouldn't scan and the guy insisted I had it maxed out. Duh enter the numbers son, enter them manually. I go out to the car and stomp back with my purse to stand in line AGAIN (can we say holiday photos?) and he gets to me and is like..picking up holiday photos ma'am? I'm like I was JUST here and you had my photos and my card expired..he's like..."Last name please" PULEEZE...can you tell me what is going on? So we get fixed up and the guy is totally rude to me when I pointed out I'd have avoided all this mess if they had given my dh the WHOLE order...

Grab the cake and then ruin the cake by throwing a loaf of bread onto it to carry LOL Get to the car and get to my mom's in enough time to hang MORE freaking pictures and all her guests start pouring in and I start serving. Her party started at 2pm and went til 3am..it was rockin! I got to see ppl I hadn't seen in years and years and we laughed and laughed...Kimmie lives near me as does Angie so I am hoping we keep up with each other..nice to know others in this foreign place we live in.

You know what? I think this is starting to be more and more like home and familiar! I love it here!

2 comments:

Just Say Julie said...

Holy Cow Felicia! I got tired just reading about your day!! Glad you had a rockin' time at your mom's party though.

pixleyyy said...

Sounds busy but fun. Sorry about the squished cake! LOL