12.01.2005

Happy Fake Bday To Me

Wow I almost missed it...gotta be quick...Kev doesn't like hearing about the blog :) He's just jealous. Today was a waste of a day ....snowed and was just enough and icy enough to take FOR-ever to get K to her chorus. What teacher thought that having it before school at 7:50am was a GOOD idea and then do it on Wed and Thurs am. I am beat.

On the plus side the 2 yr old pip squeak was moved to her bed last night again and slept though..woke up like maybe 2 times in that half sleep stated and put herself back to sleep. YAY - if she'd only NOT kick our wall between us. LOL I might have to move that bed away a bit.

My brother Tom came over...bless his heart and worked in the wind to get the pool cover back on for us...yeah you can buy them and put them up but taking care of them- well we did the best we could but the bungees all broke in the wind.

So my dumb moment this am...we get up in time for Chorus..I get clothes folded and put away and then head out to take them and then A and me to her class and get almost halfway there and realize that DUH the dish people are coming today..so then I slowly make my way back home. OMG I am a dork!

They come out (we had to pay for this visit) only to NOT get on the roof at all...it's too icy so I say I am not paying them and they will return when it's better weather. I did manage to do some loads of wash, clean up the family room and kitchen and went through the pit that is my office (upstairs..not the store..that place scares me )

That's about it...Oh yes...my fake bday...yep ....it's true..after finding out as a kid that my mom changed my birth certificate so I could go to Kindergarten a year earlier....I refused for a LONG time to acknowledge my REAL bday (the 5th). So my friends started celebrating my Fake bday complete with gifts and cake and song. :) But that hasn't happened for a while..I don't even talk to those friends anymore...Kev used to wish me a Happy Fake Bday..but really..the poor guy has enough to do with our Annibirthmas right?

So I am off to eat some delish candy mom brought me...from See's..their victorian toffee is to die for. YUM

Tomorrow I get to go to an outdoor field trip with the boy - freezing my patootie off. :) Wish me luck.

He's very excited..I'm not so much so...but am realizing why NO other parent volunteered LOL

And my friends PJ and Stace and Livi have made it safely to China! For their 2nd daughter....I can't wait til my REAL bday as that is Gotcha Day for them. Our Gotcha Day with our little one approaches on 12/7. :)
Hard to believe it's been 2 years...

sigh

4 comments:

Bonni said...

Thanks for giving me the heart attack earlier when I thought I forgot your BDay...you and your fake day :)
Have fun on the field trip tomorrow

Carolyn F said...

LOL never heard of a fake birthday before, but Happy Fake Birthday!

pixleyyy said...

Happy Fake Brithday!

Just Say Julie said...

A fake birthday...i LOVE it!! Happy Day Felicia!!