12.09.2005

Odd sight to see

A plane on a road I traveled many times in my *short* life. The Southwest airlines crash is RIGHT by my mom's old house---2 blocks away close. That is the corner I'd take to go to Baskin Robbins, Dominicks....I was on it as early as last year. My gram still lives in the neighborhood...that runway is just too dang short...it feels like the landing gear hits the roof of your car as you drive somedays it's that low (as mom says).

Anyway very surreal..and I am very sad about the young boy's death. Amazing that was all that died though. And thank goodness the plane didn't go off the runway in other directions..like into the homes!

Mikey has no pins...only a "shoe" to wear to keep his toe stable while it heals and we get to visit them again in 2 weeks. The visit was so quick I was blinking...I didn't ask any questions either..the doctor was there and then gone in a flash. After some teasing to Mikey about pins of course. :)

Snow...it's a blizzard out there..we go to the doctor and it's clear out..come back out 10 min later and it's a blizzard..I have GOT to stop watching the kids' shows and watch some more news. Seems everyone knew about it but me!

And finally..yes there is school today so yes there is a God. Thank you! :)

2 comments:

The Mom said...

You and me both, I really think the kids shows should have one of those tickers on the bottom like CNN so that us adults who are trapped watching talking animals all day can still get a little bit of information. DHubby thinks that I should produce my own show, like CNN Headline News but with cute puppets as the anchors. :)

Sad to hear about that little boy, When I was little I loved watching the planes while stuck in traffic.

Just Say Julie said...

Glad to hear Mikey doesn't have pins!!

I'm with you about needing to watch the news. I really need to pay closer attention to the weather so my kids get dressed appropriately!